Episode 2: Unitless Tests
Our second podcast. This one got away from us in length, but it all adds up. Somehow. Does a project’s implementation strategy affect team dynamics? What if you couldn’t include tests in your source tree? Digressions abound!
In this episode:
- Implications of architecture on team dynamics
- Programmer apathy
- The programmer hero
- The need to add value
- What if you couldn’t use unit tests?
- Metrics, instrumentation, data gathering and the real world
- Build systems just build
- App testing applications
- Testable apps
- Black box testing
- Domain experts and the unautomatable
- What can be confidently tested isn’t worth testing?
- Prepare for the un-preparable
- Breaking the build
- Baroque unit tests
- Unit tests as symptoms of a larger problem
- Bugs don’t matter until they matter
- The legacy of black box testability